Friday, January 24, 2014

Budge Proof Lipstick

I learned a new lipstick trick from a friend and I wanted to test it out with my Illamasqua lipstick to see if it could last a night of drinking beer and eating greasy fries. I love my Illamasqua lipstick, it lasted through eating a burger with only some fading in the past but I know with drinking, talking and eating consistently for hours it usually fades in the middle. I did one layer, blotted it off, powdered it with some translucent powder and a brush, and then put a new layer of lipstick. By the end of the night it was still there and looked like I had just put it on. The entire night I thought it had come off because of all the eating and drinking, my lips did not feel like lipstick was there.
I am planning on trying this trick out with some other lipstick formulas, drugstore and high end because lipstick fading whe you go out is definitely not cute. If you're in the market for a long wearing lipstick you don't need to do this with or use a lip liner and it will still last ages I highly recommend the Illamasqua line.

Have any of you tried this trick? What other tricks do you have for long wearing makeup?

1 comment:

  1. Ah sounds like a great tip! I'll be sure to test it out! x
    Lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete